New Years ResolutionsJanuary 18, 2010
1. Present at three conferences with three different papers.
2. If Film Threat decides to be permanently extinct, find another reliable internet magazine to write for.
3. Lose at least 15 pounds. A pretty superficial goal, I know, but in the past three years or so my metabolism has dropped dramatically (or it’s a thyroid problem, but who knows? what with not having insurance and all.) and I’ve gotten to a point where I’m not physically happy with myself. It will probably take a dramatic kind of change (I’m thinking of trying my dad’s vegan/no preservatives thing) and I’m not looking forward to that. I like to cook. I like to eat. Losing weight is bullshit.
4. Practice the piano. Ideally every day, but at least a few hours a week.
5. Make this blog and Dear Jesus into something I’m proud of. Start some weekly/monthly series. Make a new banner. Interviews, art, interesting links.
6. Hike in Moab.
7. Organize a photo walk or two. (Part of this goal will be getting new batteries for my camera, I guess)
8. Submit an article to a children’s magazine.
9. Spend some time making art that I don’t have to follow from a pattern.
10. Make this house some curtains.
11. Learn to knit.
12. Take Scott camping up at my parents’ cabin.
13. Visit the animal sanctuary in Kanab.
14. Create an herb garden.
15. Read 100 books.